Sunday, August 19, 2012

The MUSH Strikes back !!

Mush 2 : Me 0

For those of you wondering how it became 1-0 in the first place here's a link to the part one.

http://mespeakethrandom.blogspot.in/2007/07/uncle.html

And I thought I had gotten over the phase where people think I am much older than I am really am now that I am pushing close to 30. But then people being people always have higher expectations of me.

This time the venue was the airport where I had gone to receive my friend's (lets just call my friend X for the sake of anonymity)  friends to guide them to his wedding. One of them was late and idle time led to chatting about where you are from? what do you and all the harmless details? It would have been nice if the conversation stopped at that. But it was not to be.

One of his friends asked out of the blue - " X says that he has a friend in hyderabad whose son used to ask  : Uncle X when are you getting married? Is he your kid?"

Well that felt like being hit by Brett Lee bouncer.In the back of my mind a quick calculation told me that to have an English speaking son, he should be at least in first standard making me the proud father who has been married for at least 7 years and yet I stand there single. I should have stood there dazed for a few seconds because she gave me that what's taking you so long look.

I just recovered in time to say - " Not my kid" still leaving the possibility of me having a kid open..

5 comments:

Siva said...

ha ha

Unknown said...

@Siva - Thanks :)

bp:) said...

ROFL

Unknown said...

Thanks bhavya :)

Reji said...

Hee Hee.... Maybe be you should now start putting on a T-shirt portraying Angry Birds or something like that :P