Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Dumb & Dumber!

It was a boring day at office made even worse by the fact that I had to attend conference calls for a total of 6.5 hrs making an occasional observation or a comment. And it is on such days that i digress from work- perhaps read about the book I ordered on wiki,read some of the blogs that I follow and if nothing else sit on cricinfo till the page has nothing left to read. Today was a blog day.

One particular blog interested me so much that I would have read close to twenty posts and began to wonder who the author might be. The author took great effort to conceal his/her identity. Well after a few posts and reading through all the comments (someone was really bored today..yup it was me!!) I figured out that it was a girl. I would have accidentally landed on this blog sometime in the past and couldn't recollect from where. When you read about someone for that long you start to wonder who that person might be in real life especially if its a chronicle of their day to day thoughts - Who is this person?What do they do in their real life? How come they write so beautifully while I am so pathetic?

So when I reached home cutting short my day, I had an option to hit the gym or do a bit of sherlock on the blogger. I decided to do the easier one. I have never been the inquisitive type. I am the kind of person who would wait for the details to come to him rather than lose sleep over something that I don't know. But when I do become curious, I take up the painstaking analysis. So it took me an hour and half to figure out who the person was !! Its was exhilarating how I used a combination of google, blogger, linked in and facebook to figure out who the person was!!  Some might read creepy but I will let it slide in the name of being curious. All this led to an important conclusion. While establishing the fact that I had no alternate career as a detective it made me realize one more thing - If I am not doing some dumb work at office I will end up doing something dumber at home. So I might as well stick to the dumb work!!

No comments: