Sunday, July 15, 2007

License to eat !!!

If you were expecting some adrenalin rushing action stuff.. well you are going to be disappointed....
James Bond has the license to kill.. I just have a learner's "license to eat..." :)

Some time back...in fact it was my engineering days...(now it seems light years away..If only time travel was possible....) one of my friends doled out pearls of wisdom to me....

"Eat whatever you want..but ensure that you burn out those extra calories...."

Now in introspection.. this philosophy has become an indispensable part of my life.....

Let me give you some background...

I m the kind of guy who can't resist good food...and whose voracious eating habits have earned me the nick name "Monster....."
(This is the latest one ...still to catch up with everyone :))

(It was in fact a name christened to one of my friends my his foreign colleagues who were taken back by the sheer quantity of his consumption....and He in turn in honor of my greatness conferred this title on me :) )

Now the fact is so established that my reputation precedes me...if not the title :) (its goin to take some time.... May be I need a PR for that....)

So getting back to what i wanted to say.. I quite often get asked questions like:

Why do you want to jog?
Why do you gym?

n stuff....

and my answer to them is its my "LICENSE TO EAT...." (james bond style :))

Whatever i want without any second thought..be it the nth icecream i m having or that last kabab piece that got left over..because others didnt have space left in their tummies :)


But let me warn you..the gains of this philosophy are in the now and here.. than in the distant future..there is no tangible long term gain out here...

Let me tell you how...

People who have known me for sometime ask me a different set of questions...

Dude you have been jogging for so long but I dont see you slimming down ????

Well the answer is ...I dont do stuff because i want to be the next hrithik or display my curvy triceps in my new sleeveless... or be the next brad pitt :)

(For the enthusiastic body builder 80's was the time when everyone wanted to be like arnold.. biceps big enough to cover your face looked smaller next to them...but the 90's saw a new trend catching up..the brad pitt style...its the lean metro sexual look with nice six pack abs....this is what is in vogue now....)

....Its because I wanna eat without holding back...

Freedom i call it.... from the shackles of obesity, fear,consequences...

Because ultimately it is what matters most rite :)

How long can i sustain this plan?? GOK (God only knows...)

No comments: